How about going to the dining hall?
咱們去飯店吃吧?
Shall we go to the canteen?
大家去飯店吃吧?
A: How about going to the dining hall?
咱們去飯店吃吧?
B: You go first. I don't feel hungry.
你先去吧,我不餓。
Let's go to the No.5 dining hall!
咱們去第五飯店吧!
A: Let's go to the No.5 dining hall! The dishes there are better.
咱們去第五飯店吧!那里的飯菜好一些。
B:Ok,let's have a change.
好,咱們換個地方。
Wait a minute. I'll fetch my lunch box.
稍等,我取一下飯盒。
A: Wait a minute. I'll fetch my lunch box.
稍等,我取一下飯盒。
B:Hurry up.
你快點。
We won't go to the dining hall today.
大家今天別去飯店了。
A: We won't go to the dining hall today. How about a small restaurant?
大家今天別去飯店了。去個小飯店如何祥?
B:That's great.
太好了。
Let's go to the Muslims' canteen.
大家去清真飯店吧!
A: Let's go to the Muslims' canteen.
大家去清真飯店吧!
B: I heard the beef noodles there are delicious.
我聽說那里的牛肉面特美味。
Muslims n. 穆斯林
David, we've missed the lunch hour.
大衛,大家沒趕上午餐時間。
A: David, we've missed the lunch hour. Where are you going to have lunch?
大衛,大家沒趕上午餐時間。你到哪里吃飯呢?
B: I have no idea. Maybe instant noodles again.
不了解。可能又要吃便捷面了。
How about having dinner with me?
和我一塊吃晚飯,怎么樣?
A: How about having dinner with me?
和我一塊吃晚飯,怎么樣?
B: But I don't have cash with me today.
可是我今天沒帶現金。
I wonder what we shall have for lunch.
不知今天午飯吃些什么?
A: I wonder what we shall have for lunch.
不知今天午飯吃些什么?
B: Kung Pao chicken.
我想吃宮爆雞丁。
I'm almost caught short at the end of the month.
月底時,我一直顧此失彼。
A: Why not eat out together?
為何不一塊出去吃飯呢?
B: I have to tighten my belt, because I'm almost caught short at the end of the month.
我得勒緊褲腰帶了。由于月底時,我一直顧此失彼。
tighten one's belt勒緊某人的褲腰帶,是英語習語,表示節儉度日。
For the sake of brothers, I'll invite you to a dinner today.
看在兄弟的份上,我就請你出去吃一頓。
A: I don't have any cash today and can't dine out.
今天我身上一分錢都沒,不可以出去吃了。
B: Well, for the sake of brothers, I'll invite you to a dinner today.
好吧,看在兄弟的份上,我就請你出去吃一頓。
for the sake of看在的份上,為了
The beer is quite good indeed.
這啤酒味道確實很好。
The cakes are excellent.
這點心很好。
The beef is tasty.
牛肉的味道很好。
The fried chicken is delicious.
炸雞的味道非常不錯。
The meat is still pink.
這肉還沒有熟。
The chicken is undercooked.
這雞沒熟。
A:The meat is still pink.
這肉還沒有熟。
B: I'm sorry. I'll change it.
非常抱歉,我繪恣換一盤。
pink a. 粉紅色的
These vegetables are hardly cooked at all.
這類蔬菜跟沒煮過似的。
The vegetables are mushy.
這蔬菜都煮爛了。
A: You've hardly eaten anything.
你幾乎沒吃那些。
B: These vegetables are hardly cooked at all.
這類蔬菜跟沒煮過似的。
mushy a. 糊狀的,軟的
The meat is too fatty.
這肉太肥了。
The meat is too tough.
這肉太老了。
The meat is not fresh.
這肉不新鮮。
A:The meat is too fatty.
這肉太肥了。
B:I don't think so.
我倒不感覺。
Why do you have so many meat dishes?
你為何吃這么多葷菜?
A:Why do you have so many meat dishes?
你為何吃這么多葷菜?
B: I have a better appetite after doing physical exercises.
體育訓練后,我的胃口大開了。
The food in the dinning hall is the most terrible food I have ever eaten.
飯店里的飯菜是我所吃過最糟糕的。
A: Who will go to the dinning hall with me?
哪個和我去飯店吃飯?
B: I have no interest. The food in the dinning hall is the most terrible food I have ever eaten.
我不感興趣。飯店里的飯菜是我所吃過最糟糕的。
How can the cooks in the dinning hall make the food so unbearable?
飯店里的師傅們如何能把飯菜燒到叫人不可以忍受的地步呢?
A: How can the cooks in the dinning hall make the food so unbearable?
飯店里的師傅們如何能把飯菜燒到叫人不可以忍受的地步呢?
B: Because the school managers never go there and have a dinner.
由于學校領導從來不去飯店吃飯。
cook n. 廚師
unbearable a. 沒辦法忍受的
Let's go to the cafeteria. The dishes here are so poor.
大家還是去吃自助餐吧!這里的菜實在太差。
A: Let's go to the cafeteria. The dishes here are so poor.
大家還是去吃自助餐吧!這里的菜實在太差。
B:Great idea!
好主意!
cafeteria n.自助餐廳
I'll have one salad and an iced tea.
我想來份色拉和一份冰茶。
A: What can I do for you?
你要素什么?
B: I'll have one salad and an iced tea.
我想來份色拉和一份冰茶。
It'll be a pity if we have delicious meal without beers.
有佳肴無美酒,豈非生活一大憾事。
A: Why not sit down and have a dinner with me? I can't eat all the dishes.
坐下一塊兒吃頓飯吧。我自己吃不完這么多菜。
B: Thanks. I think I should go and get some beers. It'll be a pity if we have delicious meal without beers.
太感謝你了。我想我應該去買點啤酒,有佳肴無美酒,豈非生活一大憾事。
pity n.憾事
I feel quite satisfied after my big meal.
這頓飯我感覺很好,吃得非常飽。
A: I feel quite satisfied after my big meal.
這頓飯我感覺很好,吃得非常飽。
B: Thank you.
謝謝。
How can you claim my body is too large?
你如何能說我太胖了呢?
A: How can you claim my body is too large? It's in the normal size.
你如何能說我太胖了呢?我的身材非常正常嘛,
B: Ok, I admit I'm wrong.
好吧,我承認我錯了。
in the normal size正常的尺寸
Time goes by so quickly.
時間過得真快呀。
A: Do you still remember the party we held last Christmas?
你還記得去年圣誕大家的派對嗎?
B: Sure. Time goes by so quickly.
當然記得。時間過得真快呀。
go by流逝,(從旁)走過