羅伯茨一家最后看中了魯賓遜花園的房屋。他們決定把它租下來。但他們感覺租金太高了,還想把墻紙換一換。于是羅伯茨一家通過代理和業主進行了協商。

A--Agent Mr. Chen 物業代理陳先生
B--Client 1 Mr. Roberts 顧客一 羅伯茨先生
C--Client 2 Mrs. Roberts 顧客二 羅伯茨太太

A: Mr. Roberts, I am so glad that your family likes the unit so much.
羅伯茨先生,我非常高興你的家人喜歡這房屋。

B: Mr. Chen, we have seen many apartments, and finally agreed to rent the Robinson Garden flat.
陳先生,大家已經看過不少公寓了,最后大家贊同租魯賓遜花園的房屋。

C: The appliances1 and furniture suit our taste. Also, the rooms are big enough for our kids. However, could you help us to negotiate2 a better rent with the landlord3?
用具和室內家具非常符合大家的品味。而且,對我的孩子來講,房屋也夠大。但,你可以幫大家和業主商量一個適當的租金嗎?

A: How much is it?
你覺得多少呢?

B: I would like to reduce the rent to forty thousand HK dollars per month. Also, is there any rent-free period?
我期望把每月租金減到四萬港幣。另外,有沒免租期呢?
A: I'll have to discuss it with the landlord first.
這個問題我需要先與業主協商。


(半小時后,羅伯茨一家回到ABC物業代理公司。)

B: Any good news for me?
有沒好消息呢?

A: Yes, after a long talk with the landlord, he promised to reduce the monthly4 rent to forty- three thousand HK dollars. The rent-free period is fourteen days. These are very reasonable terms. What do you think?
有些,和業主協商后,他答應每月租金減到四萬三千港幣。免租期為十四天。這類條件很合理,你覺得如何?

B: Well, let me see. The total for the monthly rent, management fee and government rates will be forty-five thousand dollars. I think it is still too high. What if the rent includes the government fees?
讓我想一想。租金,管理費加上政府稅金,每一個月總共是四萬五千港幣。我感覺還是高了些。 租金能否包含政府稅金?
C: Also, is it possible for me to have painted walls instead of the wallpaper?
另外,墻壁能否刷漆來代替墻紙呢?

A: Let me call the landlord now. Please have a seat.
我立刻聯系業主,請坐一下。


(十分鐘后,雙方贊同所有出租條件。)

A: The landlord will come to my office in fifteen minutes. Both parties have to sign a provisional tenancy agreement.
業主十五分鐘后會到公司。然后雙方簽訂一份臨時租約。
C: Great. Thank you, Mr. Chen.
太好了,謝謝,陳先生。

A: You're welcome.
不需要客氣。

改編自:英語周報